Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday's Musings

A break from photos and stories to talk about ... random shit.

I felt like a 3-year-old this weekend, no not shitting my pants and drooling. I walked around most of the weekend asking the age-old question ... "Why?"

1. Why do i have to dust? It's not like it's a winnable war. I cleaned house on Sunday and cleaned and dusted the living room before moving on to the kitchen and my bedroom. By the time I sat down to watch the Giants game at 5 p.m., there already was a layer of new dust settling on the TV stand.

2. Why do I never have enough hangars? Even when I buy more, they seem to disappear. Kind of like sock.

3. And speaking of socks, why do I never wind up with an even number of socks? It's a toe-curling conspiracy, I tell you.

4. Why does my boss fail to answer my e-mails in a timely manner -- two days -- but if I don't respond to hers by the end of the business day, she saunters over and asks me what she probably should asked in person anyway?

5. Why do some dudes insist on striking up a conversation while standing at the urinal? Rule No. 1 in life: Don't talk to another man with your dick in your hand.

6. Why don't I get rid of my dog? I don't like it, don't want it and ignore it except to feed it and give it water.

7. Why don't I get a dog I actually like?

8. Why don't I learn to say what I'm thinking, no matter who gets offended? I watched my former colleague and one of the replacements cover a football game on Saturday. I was pissed that something I took six years to build up unraveled in one afternoon. The new guy needed nearly 24 hours to post a story to the web, something that should've been done before he left that evening. And the old guy on staff should've taken the lead on that, something he was always spared of having to do, but now has to do it.

9. Why don't I follow a friend's lead and quit this shitty business? I'm sure it would be hard, but I honestly think I'd be happier and could make a living, even if I had to work a couple of jobs for a while.

10. Why is that I always seem to wake up at 5:22 each morning, look at the clock and roll back over. Happened four times in the past two weeks.

No comments: