Wednesday, September 10, 2008

40 and Un-fabulous

Well, I guarantee this will be a birthday I never forget.
Unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.
My life feels like a laundry list of "Everything bad, can and will happen:"

  • Girlfriend troubles
  • Work issues
  • The knowledge that, other than your mom and your kids, no one's going to make a fuss on your landmark birthday
  • Acutally turning 40 and realizing there's so much more you could have done with your life

And that's the killer. Shoulda, coulda, Eastwooda.

Yes, it's not too late for me to really start living, but all I want this week is for it to be over, for the birthday to be over. On top of everything, it's like an albatross around my neck. Just let me turn 40, be done with it and head to the ocean, the one place I truly find peace and serenity.

1 comment:

DJ Mommy said...

Well, I guess this is one way for me to get onto your blog ;[ I would still like to make you dinner for your bday, if you think you are up to it. Although probably the last thing you want if you are already dreading it. Let me know. If not I understand. Hope you are feeling better. Good luck at the drs tomorrow. me